Upgrading the original drive in your Mac is a great way to improve performance and/or increase the storage capacity of your Mac. When transferring data from one drive to another, we highly recommend you install a fresh copy of macOS, and then use Apple's Migration Assistant to migrate the data to the new. Jul 10, 2017 If you were using the same external hard drive for you old and new Mac, you've already completed the first step! Double-click on the Time Machine external hard drive you connected that was used to back up your old Mac. Double-click on the Backups.backupdb folder. Double-click on your old Mac.
Solutions on this page can be applied to transfer apps and data on iPads with the latest iOS 13.1/13 and older iOS systems.
- Transfer Apps from old iPad to new iPad with iTunes
- Transfer Apps from one iPad to another with iCloud
- Transfer data from iPad to iPad without iTunes or iCloud
Have you ever thought about how to transfer Apps from old iPad to new iPad when switching to a new device? Or when you have to restore your iPad to the factory settings, what is the quickest way to get the same Apps as before?
Here, in this article, we will show you two common and simple ways to transfer apps from one iPad to another by using iTunes and iCloud. Meanwhile, a powerful iOS data transfer program named EaseUS MobiMover is recommended in the last part to help you transfer data from old iPad to new iPad without iTunes or iCloud in a viewable and manageable way without any limitation.
How to Transfer Apps from Old iPad to New iPad using iTunes
Just like that of iPhone, you can use iTunes to back up your old iPad, and then restore its backup to new iPad, including Apps. Therefore, if you use iTunes to transfer Apps from old iPad to new iPad, you need to complete is in two steps listed below.
Step 1: Back up your old iPad with iTunes
1. Connect your old iPad to your computer, including Mac and Windows PC/laptop.
2. Run iTunes and click the iPad device button.
3. Click 'Back Up Now' under wait for the backup to complete. This will back up all your iPad data, including photos, contacts, notes, music, Apps, etc.
Step 2: Transfer Apps to new iPad with iTunes backup restoring
Restoring iPad from backup is same as restoring iPhone from iTunes backup.
1. Plug out your old iPad and plug in your new iPad to the computer.
2. Open iTunes and click the iPad icon.
3. Click 'Restore Backup', and choose the latest backup file.
4. Click 'Restore' and iTunes will begin to restore your iPad with the backup. When the process finished, open your new iPad and check the Apps are on it or not.
How to transfer Apps from one iPad to another with iCloud
Using iCloud to transfer Apps from old iPad to new iPad works in a similar way, that is backing up old iPad and restore the backup to the new one with iCloud.
1. Open your old iPad and go to 'Settings' > tap 'Apple ID' > 'iCloud' > 'iCloud Backup' > turn it on. Please make sure your iPad has connected to a stable WLAN network. When you turn on iCloud backup, it will automatically back up data such as photos library, accounts, documents and more.
2. When the backup completed, you can get started with your new iPad and restore the backup to it.
3. When you come to the Set up your iPadscreen like the image below. Choose 'Restore from iCloud Backup' > Enter your Apple ID and password and click 'Next' > 'Agree' > choose the latest backup file to transfer all the data on the old iPad to the new iPad.
If you are looking to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad in a viewable and manageable way, continue to use EaseUS MobiMover in the following part. About mac showing old software.
How to transfer data from old iPad to new iPad with EaseUS MobiMover
EaseUS MobiMover is the best iTunes and iCloud alternative allowing you to transfer files from iPad to PC without iTunes, copy data from old iPad to a new one directly and import files from Mac to iPad.
How To Transfer Apps From Old Mac To New
The supported data types to transfer data from one iPad to another of MobiMover are contacts, notes, books, Safari bookmarks, photos, videos, and audios. Follow tips below and begin to sync data between two iPads direcly by using MobiMover.
Step 1. Connect the two iPads to your computer with matched USB cables. Once connected, tap on 'Trust' on your devices. Run EaseUS MobiMover for PC. To transfer data between two iPads, you need to choose the 'Phone to Phone' transfer mode, and switch to the correction direction, from the source iPad to the destination iPad. Click 'Next' to continue.
Step 2. MobiMover will check all the supported files on your iPad and let you transfer them all at a time, including photos, audios, videos, contacts, messages, podcast, voice memos, etc. So choose the desired data, click ' Transfer' to copy data from iPad to iPad without iTunes or iCloud.
Transferring Apps From Old Mac To New
Step 3. Wait for a while to let the software migrate data from one iPad to the other. Please don't suspend the USB connection until the process finishes. After this, go to open the related apps on your target iPad to check the imported files.