Philips Hue Sync App For Mac
- Philips Hue Sync App For Mac Computer
- Philips Hue Sync App For Pc
- Philips Hue Sync App For Mac Windows 7
- Philips Hue Sync App For Mac Windows 10
One of the fantastic perks of Philips Hue lights is how many devices and apps can work with or enhance the functionality of them. The developer community is gigantic. One platform that’s a bit more sparse on Hue support is the Mac. Wouldn’t it be great if while already using your Mac, you didn’t need to reach over to your iPhone and launch an app to control the lights?
- Philips Hue Sync for Mac and PC, the free app that dynamically colors your home. Imagine projecting a slide show on the home TV with the whole room accompanying the colors on the screen with soft lighting coordinated with what you see on the screen or accentuating the dynamics of a game by expanding the effects on the screen to the side walls or more traditionally to have an enhanced Ambilight effect.
- May 31, 2018 RELATED: How to Get the Most Out of Your Philips Hue Lights. Back to the Sync app: Thomas Ricker, writing for The Verge, points out the app takes up a fair bit of CPU power, especially on the highest settings. This shouldn’t be a problem while.
- Apr 20, 2019 Philips Hue App for Mac and Windows Sync your smart lights along with music, movies and games with Philips Hue Sync tool which is available for Windows and Mac devices. Philips Hue Sync app for windows 10 and sierra/high Sierra helps you a lot.
A few apps, most of which cost money, do exist for the Mac that can help out with this. But we’re going to focus on just one. It’s free and it has more features than even the official Philips Hue app for iOS supports.
Feb 08, 2018 This free app lets you fully control and group Philips Hue lights from your Mac’s menu bar Shutterstock. A few apps, most of which cost money, do exist for the Mac that can help out with this. Hue Sync is only available to download on desktop Enhance films and games The Philips Hue Sync application creates a light scripts for your lights based on content that you watch or play on your PC or Mac. Via screen grabbing and a smart colour algorithm, it matches your Philips Hue lights to on-screen action in real-time.
Philips Hue Mac App
The best Mac app for Philips Hue is the Colors for Hue. Why? It’s free and it does nearly everything you could ask a Hue controller to do.
First, you have to pair the app as always with your Hue bridge. Launch Colors for Hue, then head over to wherever you put your bridge and press the center button to confirm the link.
Colors for Hue sits in your menu bar. If you click it, you’ll see a list of every light bulb connected to that bridge along with an indication of their current brightness level.
If you have Hue bulbs that support color, hovering over the name of your bulb will reveal an entire color palette to choose from. As for Hue bulbs that don’t support color, but just various color temperatures for white, you can adjust that here too using the slider. Since my bulbs are just pure white, I can only adjust the brightness from the main menu.
One the largest downsides to the official Philips Hue app is that it doesn’t support the grouping of several light bulbs into one control. Yes, you can set scenes that have brightness and color presets for all the light bulbs, but sometimes you just need a few grouped together.
For instance, my ceiling light is powered by three different lightbulbs. In the Philips Hue app, I’d have to control them either by turning on or off all the lights in the room (four for me total) or each lightbulb one by one.
Thankfully, in Colors for Hue, I’ve been able to group the three ceiling bulbs into a single Ceiling light. To do this, click Preferences in the menu then click Groups. Highlight the bulbs you want to group together by pressing either Command or Shift.Tip: It helps if you give your lights specific names that can aid you in remembering which ones they are within the room, rather than just keeping them in default numerical order.
Click Group and you’re done. Now, the brightness slider in Colors for Hue controls all three bulbs on the ceiling at once.
Colors for Hue also supports Delayed Off, which is basically a sleep timer for your lights. Hover over the light or group of lights you want to set a delay for, then in the secondary menu hover over Delayed Off. Choose which amount of time you want to keep the lights on for before they automatically shut off.Tip: Preferences has an optional setting for slow dimming. This will dim the lights slowly before they go off instead of abruptly going dark. Select Slow Dimming for Delayed Off to enable this.
Colors for Hue is available from the Mac App Store.
ALSO READ:How to Hide Running Applications on Your Mac Canon 5600f download.
The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. The content remains unbiased and authentic.Also See#mac apps
Philips Hue Sync App For Mac Computer#philips hue
Did You Know
Philips Hue Sync App For Pc
The term Wi-Fi doesn’t have a full form.