Launch Kindle for Mac. You will see the Register page when you first run it. Sign in with your Amazon account. Place the eBook (mobi) on your “My Kindle Content” folder (Library Application Support Kindle “My Kindle Content”). Reopen the Kindle for Mac. You can now open and read mobi eBook in Mac. The Kindle App can open web content like PDF files. If you visited a web site that had that content, you may have accidentally clicked an 'open in Kindle App' button. A hard reset will not uninstall or reinstall anything. Try these things: Open the Kindle App. Tap on the top left to see if the menu will come up. If it does, navigate back to the. Just follow these instructions to fix Kindle For Mac if it’s stopped opening or not working: 1. Drag the Kindle icon in your Dock to the Trash bin situated on the far right of the Dock. Hold down the Ctrl key, click on the Trash and select Empty Trash. Then simply re-download Kindle For Mac from the Mac App. And you don't need a Kindle reader to take advantage of the thousands of e-book titles available on Amazon: you can use the Kindle app for Mac to read them right on your computer. Here's what you.
Force quit the app, then open it again
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Force the app to close.
- Apple Watch: With the app open, press and hold the side button to show the power options. Then press and hold the Digital Crown to quit the app.
- Apple TV: Double press the TV/Home button and swipe left or right to find the app with the issue. Then swipe up to close the app. You can’t force apps to quit on Apple TV (3rd generation).
Restart your device
Restart your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Apple TV. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.
Check for updates
Make sure that your device has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, watchOS, or tvOS. Then check for app updates.
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch: You can manually update apps. You might need a Wi-Fi connection to update some apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Apple TV: Go to Settings > Apps and turn on Automatically Update Apps. If you don't have automatic updates turned on, you can open the App Store, go to the Purchased tab, and open an app's product page to see if an update is available.
Reinstall the app
- iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Open the Settings app. Tap General, then tap iPhone Storage (or iPad Storage). Tap the affected app, then tap Offload app. Tap Offload app again. Wait a moment for the app to offload, then tap Reinstall App.
- Apple TV: Highlight the app on the Home screen, then press and hold the Touch surface until the app jiggles. Press Play/Pause, then select Delete. Open the App Store and redownload the app. Some apps require subscriptions for activation. If you can't activate the app or you don’t remember your sign-in information, contact the app developer.
- Apple Watch: Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab. Scroll to the app you want to remove, then tap it. Turn off Show App on Apple Watch, and wait for it to disappear from your watch's Home screen. To reinstall the app, scroll down to Available Apps in the My Watch tab and tap Install.
Contact the app developer
If you're having an issue with an Apple app, contact Apple Support. If it's a third-party app, contact the app developer.
- Get help with unfamiliar charges and in-app purchases.
- If you can’t install or update an app, or if it’s stuck waiting, learn what to do.
- Get help with audio, video, or power on Apple TV.
We can read Amazon Kindle books on all Kindle eReaders, Kindle Fire tablets and kindle reading apps without any effort. However, it would be difficult for us to send and read non-Amazon books we got from other places. Don't worry. This article shows you 3 ways to send all kinds of books from Mac to Kindle devices.
Make Sure the Books are Kindle Format
The ebook formats that Kindle support are MOBI, AZW, AZW3 and PDF. It's a pity the open-source EPUB, the most widely used ebook format, is not supported by Kindle devices.
When you try to download free books from eBook torrent sites or purchase books from popular eBook stores like Kobo, Google Play, you may often come across .epub files. If you want to send these books to Kindle from Mac, you should first convert EPUB to Kindle format.
Here Epubor Ultimate--the best eBook Converter and eBook DRM Removal is highly recommended to you. What you need to do is to just drag and drop the files onto it, set the output format as Kindle format like mobi and start the conversion.
Key Features of Epubor Ultimate:
1. Convert eBooks to mobi/pdf/epub/azw3 for reading anywhere
2. Remove DRM from eBooks purchased from Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Google Play and more
3. Automatically detect device and load books
4. Edit metadata, including title, author, publisher, introduction and the book cover.
Tips: If you purchase epub books online but it's saved as .acsm file when downloaded, please first convert ACSM to epub with Adobe Digital Editions before converting them to Kindle format.
Method 1. Send Books from Mac to Kindle via USB
When talking about transfering files to Kindle from Mac, the first method that comes to our mind would be using USB connection. Right. Just connect your Kindle device to the Mac computer with the USB cable and it will be listed under the 'Devices' tab on the 'Finder'. Then just copy and paste the books to 'documents' folder.
Note: Some Kindle Fire tablets cannot be recognized as USB drive by the Mac computer, so you'll fail to send books from Mac to Kindle via this method. In this occasion, please continue to read to learn another two methods to send the files to Kindle Fire wirelessly.
Open the email and tap on the mobi file.3. Import mobi to kindle app mac. Email the mobi file to yourself.2.
Method 2. Send Books from Mac to Kindle via Send-to-Kindle Service
If you're unable to transfer books to Kindle via USB, you can still send documents from Mac to your Kindle eReader, Kindle Fire, or Kindle reading app by e-mailing them to your Send-to-Kindle email address. Your Send-to-Kindle e-mail address is a unique e-mail address assigned to each of your Kindle devices or free Kindle reading apps upon registration.
Step 1 Find the Send-to-Kindle email address
Visit the page Manage Your Content and Devices -->click 'Devices'-->then you will see an email address '[email protected]' for each of your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
Step 2 Add your personal email address to the approved email list.
Documents can only be sent to your Kindle devices or apps from email accounts that you've added to the Approved Personal Document Email List.
Go to Manage Your Content and Devices--> Click 'Preferences'--> Scroll down to 'Personal Document Settings'--> Under 'Approved Personal Document E-mail List', check if your personal email address is listed--> If your email address is not listed, select 'Add a new approved e-mail address'.
Step 3 Compose an email and attach the books.
Set the recipient as your send-to-kindle email address '[email protected]'.It is not necessary to include a subject in the email. Then just add the books as attachments and send the email.
To be delivered successfully, an email should contain no more than 25 attachments. It can be sent to up to 15 distinct Send-to-Kindle email addresses. The total size of your documents should be 50 MB or less.
Method 3. Send Books to Kindle from Mac via App
Send to Kindle for Mac enables you to send documents to your registered Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, supported Kindle reading apps, and archive to your Kindle library.
Step 1 Download and install Send to Kindle App for Mac.
Step 2 Open the Send to Kindle App and log in with your Amazon account.
Step 3 Select one or multiple documents, control-click and select 'Send to Kindle' or just drag and drop the documents onto the app.
Download Kindle For Mac
Step 4 Enter a Title and Author, choose the device or reading app you'd like to send the books to, and then click Send.
To use the send to Kindle app for Mac, files must be 50 MB or less. You cannot send more than 25 files at a time.
Tips: If Archive document in your Kindle Library is selected, the files will be stored in your Kindle Library: Manage Your Content and Devices--> Content-->Show: Docs.
Kindle App For Pc
These are the three methods to send books to Kindle from Mac. You will definitely find a solution that can work for you. Now you are able to read any kind of ebooks on Kindle devices freely. Don't forget to download Epubor Ultimate to help you convert the ebooks to Kindle format.
Kindle Apps Free
Michelle loves reading very much. She seeks the methods to enjoy eBooks and audiobooks more freely and wants to share everything new she has got with you.