- Mac Os Install Failed
- Installation Failed Office Mac
- Installation Failed Can't Install The Software Mac Download
- Installation Failed Can't Install The Software Mac Pro
- Mac Os Installation Error
- Soundflower Mac Installation Failed
Jun 01, 2020 During installation, your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time. If your Mac restarts to a setup assistant, but you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, press Command-Q to quit the assistant without completing setup. Then click Shut Down.
After some searches in different forums on the web, where I did not found a solution but several people with the same problem, I remembered something I read before while creating an own installer for another project with Apple Package Maker. The Apple installer searches the /Library/Receipts directory for existing older packages of the same software that should be installed.
The final solution to the problem was to completely delete all similar packages (in my case the packages for iWork, Pages and 'Keynote) from the Receipts folder. Obviously, there had been some older versions of iWork installed before, but they were deleted out of the Applications folder. Hopefully this hint will save some of you some valuable time in similar cases.
[robg adds: We've run some previous hints on removing specific items from the /Library/Receipts folder, but we've never run a general hint on the subject. So I thought I'd use this one as the general tip, too -- if you're having trouble re-installing something that was installed via the Apple Installer, check the Receipts folder. If you find a folder there for the app in question, move it somewhere safe (just in case!), then re-run the troublesome installer. If it works, trash the moved receipt. If it doesn't work, then there are other things going on..]
Reinstall from macOS Recovery
macOS Recovery makes it easy to reinstall the Mac operating system, even if you need to erase your startup disk first. All you need is a connection to the Internet. If a wireless network is available, you can choose it from the Wi-Fi menu , which is also available in macOS Recovery.
1. Start up from macOS Recovery
To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following sets of keys on your keyboard. Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.
Reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac (recommended).
Mac Os Install Failed
Upgrade to the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Reinstall the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.
You might be prompted to enter a password, such as a firmware password or the password of a user who is an administrator of this Mac. Enter the requested password to continue.
Looking for a high-performance All-In-One? This versatile machine produces a superb borderless 4' x 6' photo in only about 46 seconds 1, and the Auto-Image Fix feature helps to enhance your results. You can print photos directly from compatible memory cards 2 and preview images in high resolution on the 2' TFT display. Or, print right from a camera, DV camcorder or camera phone.3,4. Canon mp520 scanner software mac.
The TrashThough you can shuffle the position of app shortcuts in the Dock, you can't move the Finder or Trash — they live on opposite ends of the Dock, respectively — nor can you mix file shortcuts with apps in the same section. Favorite files or folders. Mac don't pin apps to dock. How to add apps to the Dock on your Mac.
When you see the utilities window, you have started up from macOS Recovery.
2. Decide whether to erase (format) your disk
You probably don't need to erase, unless you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, or you have an issue that requires you to erase. If you need to erase before installing macOS, select Disk Utility from the Utilities window, then click Continue. Learn more about when and how to erase.
3. Install macOS
When you're ready to reinstall macOS, choose Reinstall macOS from the Utilities window. Then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You will be asked to choose a disk on which to install.
- If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
- If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
- If the installer is for a different version of macOS than you expected, learn about macOS Recovery exceptions.
- If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
Installation Failed Office Mac
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. During installation, your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.
If your Mac restarts to a setup assistant, but you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, press Command-Q to quit the assistant without completing setup. Then click Shut Down. When the new owner starts up the Mac, they can use their own information to complete setup.
macOS Recovery exceptions
The version of macOS offered by macOS Recovery might vary in some cases:
Installation Failed Can't Install The Software Mac Download
- If macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later has never been installed on this Mac, Option-Command-R installs the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. And Shift-Option-Command-R isn't available.
- If you erased your entire disk instead of just the startup volume on that disk, macOS Recovery might offer only the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. You can upgrade to a later version afterward.
- If your Mac has the Apple T2 Security Chip and you never installed a macOS update, Option-Command-R installs the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.
- If you just had your Mac logic board replaced during a repair, macOS Recovery might offer only the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Installation Failed Can't Install The Software Mac Pro
If you can't get macOS Recovery to offer the installer you want, you might be able to use one of the other ways to install macOS.
Mac Os Installation Error
Other ways to install macOS
Soundflower Mac Installation Failed
- You can also install macOS from the App Store or Software Update preferences. If you can't install macOS Catalina, you might be able to install an earlier macOS, such as macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite.
- Or create a bootable installer disk, then use that disk to install macOS on your Mac or another Mac.