Gis Mapping Software For Mac
- Gis Mapping Software For Mac
- Simple Gis Software
- Free Gis Mapping Software
- Gis Mapping Software For Mac Windows 10
- Free Gis Software For Mac
Sep 05, 2014 A free trial download is available and the Map Diva site is offering a lower introductory price until September 30th. Visit Map Diva to learn more about the software. Installing QGIS on the Mac Also referred to as QGIS, Quantum GIS is an Open Source Geographic Information System (GIS) that runs on Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, and Windows. Free GIS-Related Software For The Mac. ESRI Shape (.shp). E00 ArcInfo Interchange (.e00). ArcInfo Coverage (.adf) Raster grids, such as digital elevation models or land cover data with a single band. BIL (.bil), BIP (.bip) and BSQ (.bsq) with.hdr file. ESRI ASCII Grid (.asc). ESRI Binary Grid. Engineering-quality GIS and Mapping Software Take advantage of a comprehensive range of geospatial applications for enterprise, desktop, and mobile computing equipment. Discover the Bentley OpenCities Map edition that best suits your needs and requirements. A Geographic Information System (GIS Software) is designed to store, retrieve, manage, display, and analyze all types of geographic and spatial data. GIS software lets you produce maps and other graphic displays of geographic information for analysis and presentation.
Linux alternatives to mac software free. If you want to install a non-Windows operating system on your PC and actually use it, you should probably pick Linux.Linux is a, and there are other open-source operating systems like FreeBSD out there. FreeBSD uses a different kernel, but it uses much of the same software you’d find on a typical Linux distributions. Are some of the most popular. However, there are ways to.RELATED:Valve’s SteamOS is currently in beta. The experience of using FreeBSD on a desktop PC will be pretty similar.RELATED:Google’s Chrome OS is built on the Linux kernel, but it replaces the desktop and user-level software with a specialized desktop that can only run the Chrome browser and Chrome apps.Chrome OS isn’t really a general-purpose PC operating system — instead, it’s designed to be preinstalled on specialized laptops, known as.
A Geographic Information System (GIS Software) is designed tostore, retrieve, manage, display, and analyze all types ofgeographic and spatial data. GIS software lets you producemaps and other graphic displays of geographic information foranalysis and presentation.
AdMaptitude is the lowest-priced,easiest-to-use professional GIS software available. For moreinformation about Maptitude please visit our MaptitudeMapping Software pages. Otherwise, please read on to explorethe GIS capabilities of Maptitude.
What is GIS Mapping Software?
GIS software lets you produce maps and other graphic displays ofgeographic information for analysis and presentation. With thesecapabilities a GIS is a valuable tool to visualize spatial data or tobuild decision support systems for use in your organization.
A GIS stores data on geographical features and their characteristics.The features are typically classified as points, lines, or areas, or asraster images. On a map city data could be stored as points, road datacould be stored as lines, and boundaries could be stored as areas, whileaerial photos or scanned maps could be stored as raster images.
Geographic Information Systems store information using spatial indices that make it possibleto identify the features located in any arbitrary region of a map. Forexample, a GIS can quickly identify and map all of the locations withina specified radius of a point, or all of the streets that run through aterritory.
In addition to the above capabilities, Maptitude implements aprofessional-strength relational database, a feature critical for GISsoftware. Attribute data may be freely joined to and detached fromgeographic layers and tables. Relational data manipulation is integratedwith robust and powerful geoprocessing for spatial queries, polygonoverlay, and other location-based analyzes. This is supported seamlesslyso that data are moved easily to and from relational tables andgeographic databases. In addition, the Maptitude fixed-format binarytable supports 32,767 fields and 1 billion records, and has unlimitedcharacter field widths.
VIDEO: Learn what Maptitude GISSoftware can do for you
List of GIS Software - List of Geographic InformationSystems Software - Developed by Caliper:
Geographic Information System Software Features
GIS Software Case Study
Maptitude is one of the most popular GIS software packages,and has extensive functionality. A list of typical GIScapabilities is presented below, and these are available inMaptitude:
Maps and Layers
- The Create-a-Map Wizard allows users to easily createpresentation-ready maps using their own data or the default maps
- The Display Manager allows a map to be customized on-the-fly
- User-defined preferences for map units, left/right side-of-roadrouting, file permissions, geocoding parameters,and many other settings
- Toolbox and mouse-based map navigation is supported and includespanning, zooming, and magnifying
- Map bookmark management allows the retrieval of custom map views
- Multi-layer map feature query tools allow direct interrogationof spatial locations
- A map librarian/manager allows the organization of various savedmaps and comes with a library of pre-styled demographic maps
- Geographic database layering controls allow customization oflayer visibility and drawing order
- Multiple maps can be open simultaneously, and can be duplicated,combined, synchronized, tiled, cascaded, and minimized/maximized
- There is explicit map scale control including undo
- Layer autoscaling allows customization of the scale at whichlayers are visible
- An interactive map overview window provides perspective as youwork and the ability to zoom anywhere in the study region
GIS Map Software
Gis Mapping Software For Mac
- Extensive layer style control includes font/style/opacitysettings for points/lines/areas/labels/legends/drawings; point andarea styles can use most image formats and their resolution can becontrolled via scaling
- Thematic visualizations include color, pattern/icon,dot-density, chart, scaled-symbol, and 3D prism themes
- A drawing toolbox is provided, the drawing items arecustomizable, and there is a selection of north-oriented arrows
- Each map has an editable legend that automatically listsdisplayed features and has a live scale bar
- Stand-alone charting capabilities include pie, bar, line, area,scatter, and function charts
- Advanced text label placement and management tools include livelabel manipulation en-masse or individually, automated positioning,callouts/rotation, font control, multi-line, framing, hiding,styling, prioritizing, stretching, spacing, autoscaling, andadditional text manipulation settings
- Maps and graphics can be copy/pasted or saved aspictures/bitmaps (with optional quality/resolution settings) forinsertion into MS Office and other external applications
- Printing to any printer/paper size is supported, with a widevariety of spatial print options including using fixed scale, withactual point sizes, and as pre-rendered images
- Report/layout creation can utilize settings for snap grids,rulers, paper size/orientation, dimensions, margins, alignment,print options, automated district printing, and a variety of othergraphics software oriented options
- Map interaction can be recorded to video
- Layer style/label/autoscale override is provided through theFeature Display tool
- Cartographic coloring uses Brelaz's Dsatur algorithm to assigncolors that ensure that no two adjacent regions have the same color
- The tabular and geographic find tool can identify locationsanywhere on earth
- Robust and flexible pin-mapping tools support geocoding byaddress, postal code, city/town, join, coordinate,longitude/latitude, by any populated place in the world (village,town, city), and also manually
- Custom geocodable indexes can be created to pin-map based onexternal datasets
- Geotagged images from smart phones, tablets, or GPS-enableddevices can be mapped
GIS Mapping Tools and Geographic Analysis
Geographic analysis tools are themost valuable component of GIS software because they let youanalyze the geographic components of your data. Below are someof the geographic analysis tools that are standard in Maptitude:
Territory Building Tools
Districts/Territories can be created using map-based filters or via tabular groupings
Circular buffers/bands for analyzing proximity
A facility location tool identifies the best location for one or more facilities from a set of candidate sites
Geographic overlay/aggregation is supported and allows attributeassignment between layers based on percentage overlap forestimating demographics of territories, buffers, areas ofinfluence, and more
Kernel-based density grids can be created using the quartic,triangular, uniform, or count methods, and allow 'hot-spot' mapping
Weighted center calculations allow the identification of centersof 'gravity' among points
The shortest path calculations allow for minimizing the cost ofthe path as an ordered/unordered route with options to producedirections and to return to the origin
Drive time/distance bands allow you to visualize the extent to which locations can be accessedwithin a certain drive time or distance
Drive time partitions allow regions across a line layer to be definedbased on network cost
Length/areameasurement tools allow map-based calculations
Desire lines (also known as spider diagrams) allow thevisualization of flows
Surface analysis tools include spot height data querying,surface profiling, viewsheds, contouring, 3D terrain visualization,DEM/TIN creation, and the calculation of terrain shortest paths
Data classification methods include: quantiles, equal weight,equal interval, standard deviation, nested means, arithmetic orgeometric progression, Fisher-Jenks/optimal breaks, categories, andmanual classification (by range, counts, or percentages)
Areas of Influence
Simple Gis Software
Areas-of-Influence (also known as Thiessen Polygons or VoronoiDiagrams) are a powerful GIS tool that divide the study area using atriangulated irregular network (TIN)
Free Gis Mapping Software
GPS support includes the ability to read/animate/import GPSdata, overlay tracks with aerial photos and topographic orvector maps, track real time GPS locations, create vectorline/point layers from GPS playback files, and import/exportformats such as GPX (the GPS Exchange Format)
Spatial QueriesFilter features based on geographic location, proximity to other features, by radius, by pointing, by polygon, or based on a value or condition.
Internet MappingMap server products such as Maptitude for the Web and Cloud andSaaS location-based applications allow you to share your geographicdata as device independent and mobile-friendly interactive maps. Youcan also add mapping functions to your web site or web-based solutions,such as providing the public with access to assessor parcel maps andvaluation data.
- Image layer and aerial photo tools include registration, amanager/librarian, contrast control, smoothing (from 2x2 to 10x10)and interpolation (nearest neighbor, bilinear, high qualitybilinear, bicubic, high quality bicubic)
- The image servers supported are Google Earth and OGC Web Map Services (WMS)
- The Maptitude GIS program has a powerful proprietary relational database
- Support is provided for over 50 file types and more than 100 GISand CAD formats, some natively including Excel, MS Access, ODBC,dBase, CSV, ASCII, ArcGIS platform formats (Esri Shapefile andPersonal Geodatabase), MapInfoTAB, Oracle Spatial, and SQL Server Spatial
- Support is provided for exporting to many formats includingExcel, dBase, CSV, ASCII, Lotus, Google KML, ArcGIS platform formats (Esri Shapefile and ArcMap Document), MapInfo MIF, Oracle Spatial, SQL Server Spatial andAutoCAD DXF
- Table tools include the ability to transpose, group/aggregate,identify duplicates, calculate statistics, convertlongitude/latitude to XY coordinates, print mailing labels,copy/paste values, and perform undo/redo of edits
- Regression and binary logit models can be estimated on anymap layer or table
- Table field tools include the ability to hide, show, filter,lock, format, multi-field sort, create live expression/formulafields, and perform multi-cell fills
- Database modify tools include the ability to add/deleterecords/fields, delete filtered records, set aggregation rules,apply look-up table coding, and define field header balloon pop-uptext
- Database joins can be aggregate/non-aggregate and as one-to-one,one-to-many, or many-to-one joins
- Multiple filters per layer or database can be created using SQLtype queries, spatial queries (coincident, adjacent, within, andmany more), and data classification methods
- Topological/non-topological spatial databases can be created forpoints, lines, areas, or grids
- Topological/non-topological layer (line/point/area) editingtools include the ability to use digitizers, create one-way streets,copy and paste lines, merge/split features/attributes,add/delete/move features, line/area conversion, point-to-lineconversion, merging layers, clipping/masking geography byregion/area, and undo/redo of edits
- There is comprehensive projection, datum, and coordinate systemsupport both natively and via import/export, and this operates inconjunction with tools such as vector rubbersheeting and on-the-flyraster layer reprojection
- Any record can be linked to multiple files including photos,documents, web pages, and slide-shows
- The Geographic Information System Developer’s Kit (GISDK™)has 850+ Caliper Script functions that can be called to createadd-ins, build custom applications, and to access Maptitude from.NET or as a COM Object
Gis Mapping Software For Mac Windows 10
Maptitude supports the latest Windows operating systems, file types, andcommon design elements. Maptitude runs as a 32-bit or 64-bit applicationon 32-bit or 64-bit Windows. Advantages of a 64-bit Maptitude include:
- Save to much higher resolution images
- Use more memory than the previous 4GB 32-bit limit
- Open/import files via 64-bit Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel and Access).
What is GIS software?
Examples of GIS software applications
US Census GISGeography
Learn more about Maptitude
Network diagram drawing software for mac. It often looks like a chart with a series of boxes and arrows. It is used to map out the schedule and work sequence for the project, as well as track its progress through each stage, up to and including completion. Whether you’re a project manager or a project team member, you should familiarize yourself with network diagrams. What is a network diagram in project management?A network diagram is a graphical representation of all the tasks, responsibilities and work-flow for a project.
Maptitude mapping software solutions:
Free Gis Software For Mac
|Maptitude Reviews and Testimonials|