- Hard Disk Recovery Software Free
- External Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
- External Hard Drive Recovery Software Mac
- External Hard Disk Recovery Software Mac 2017
If you've accidentally formatted a wrong external hard drive or don't have a backup to restore the lost data, trust Stellar Data Recovery Free Edition for Mac to be your savior. Laced with a powerful 'Deep Scan' feature, the software searches for missing files on the hard drive based on file signatures and makes them recoverable. Aug 27, 2019 External hard drive data recovery is easy if you get help from data recovery software. Almost all the data recovery tools available support external hard drive recovery but vary in quality. Choose the one you trust and apply it to recover data from your external hard disk as soon as possible. Jun 16, 2020 Even with the advantages of having an external hard drive on Mac, there is also a common problem usually presented in the form of loss of external hard drive files. This problem may be because of the formatting of the external hard drive, a corrupted external hard drive files, or accidental deletion of external hard drive files.
Jun 12, 2020 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
How Do I Recover Files from an External Hard Drive on a Mac?
In today’s world, external hard drives have been widely used as supplementary mass storage devices for Mac. It is always a good way to keep your valuable photos, videos and other files in an external storage device so that you can bring them anywhere. Then problem might come: What if you accidentally delete files in your external hard drive? What if files are lost from your formatted external hard drive? Or what if files become corrupted in your external hard drive?
When facing those annoying Mac external hard drive data loss issues, Mac users may ask: How do I recover files from a corrupted, broken or formatted external hard drive on Mac OS X? If you are lucky enough, you may have backup copy of lost files, and you can easily restore them from that copy. If not, you can still ask for help from a Mac external hard drive data recovery program.
Hard Disk Recovery Software Free
Part 1. How to Recover Data from External Hard Drive on Mac OS X
To recover data from external hard drive on Mac OS X, you can take Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac as a try. This fascinating Mac external hard drive recovery software supports almost all brands of external hard drives, including Seagate, LaCie, Western Digital, Maxtor, Samsung, etc. It also supports to recover all types of files no matter whether they are deleted, formatted or corrupted from an external drive. Moreover, this Mac data rescue software allows you to retrieve files from external hard drives, even if they are corrupted, broken, formatted, dead, crashed or damaged.
Video Guide to External Hard Drive Recovery
This video tutorial demonstrates to you how to recover data from external hard drive on Windows. The steps are true of Mac OS X file recovery from external disk. You can also turn to the below text-based macos recovery guide.
However, you need to have access to a Mac to use Apple Configurator and Single App Mode.If you need to set up a quick and dirty kiosk, Guided Access is an okay solution. Autonomous vehicles. But, if you want to do this properly, you should use Single App Mode. To leave that app, someone will have to enter your PIN or provide your fingerprint.There’s also Single App Mode, which is exactly what it sounds like: It fully locks your iPad to a single app. This is a more advanced feature intended for organizations. You’ll need to use Apple Configurator (or a mobile device management server) to enable this feature, and it can only be disabled with the same tool.
2. How to Retrieve Data from External Hard Drive on Mac
Download and install Recoverit data recovery on your Mac computer. Launch Recoverit Data Recovery for Mac and follow the next simple steps to perform external hard drive data recovery on Mac OS X.
Select external hard drive
Free uml software mac text based. In this step you can choose a specific location where the files get deleted or lost. To recover data from Mac external hard drive, please select the drive letter for your external hard drive and click 'Start' to scan data.
Scan hard drive to search data
Recoverit will start an all-around scan. The 'All-Around Recovery' mode will deep dig into your Mac external hard drive and piece the bits of your files together on it. It might take a little long time.
Restore files from Mac external hard drive
Now you can preview and check the found contents in the window after the scan. Then select files you need and click 'Recover' to save them on your Mac.
Data Recovery Tips：
External Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
- To avoid recoverable files from being overwritten during the recovery, please do select a folder on your Mac rather than the externa disk to save them.
- Scanned out of the photos, documents, video, audio and other documents, display 'preview failed', the document has been damaged, can not be restored.
- For the software does not support the preview of the file type, such as compressed files, installers, etc., only the final recovery, to know whether the file can be used normally.
- Data recovery is not a panacea which can’t guarantee 100% recovery successfully in any situation. Therefore, it is better for you to prevent data loss effectively with a good habit to backup your data timely.
Part 3: How to Repair External Hard Drive on Mac
To repair external hard drive on Mac, there are 2 options, Disk Utility and Terminal. Now, let's move on and take a look at how to fix external hard drive on Mac.
Repair External Hard Drive with Disk Utility
- Go to Apple Menu > Restart. Restart Mac and hold 'Command + R' keys.
- Click 'Disk Utility' > 'Continue' > 'View' > 'Show All Devices'.
- Select the external hard drive you want to repair in the sidebar.
- Click 'First Aid' > 'Run' if you get 'overlapped extent allocation'.
- Disk Utility will repair your external hard drive on Mac usually.
Repair External Hard Drive with Terminal
External Hard Drive Recovery Software Mac
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal
- Type the command line: 'cd /Volumes' and 'ls'. Press 'Return' to get a list of hard drives.
- Type 'diskutil verifyVolume xxx (external storage name)' and Return.
- Type 'diskutil repairvolume /Volumes/xxx (external hard drive name)' and Return.
After repairing the external hard drive on Mac, turn to Part 1 to recover files from external hard drive. With Mac hard drive data recovery software, at least 96% of your data stored on external hard drive can be retrieved without any hassle and much effort. Also, it enables you to scan your external hard drive and preview files on your Mac before recovery.
What's Wrong with Mac
External Hard Disk Recovery Software Mac 2017
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks