Try these steps first
After trying each step below, try to send a message again.
- I started using the Verizon Messages app several years ago to have text messages synced across mutliple devices, only one of which is a Verizon mobile device. I use the Verizon Messages app on my phone, tablet, a Windows computer and a Mac (the latter being the corporate computer).
- Mar 08, 2020 Ideal Use: when you’re using a shared Mac machine where several Apple ID emails have been added to the Messages app (i.e. And you only want to stop one or several. Step 1: Open the iMessage app on your Mac. The quickest way is by doing a Spotlight search and click the Messages icon under “TOP HIT.”.
- Restart your Mac. Choose Apple menu > Restart, then click Restart.
- Make sure that your software is up to date. Learn how to update the software on your Mac.
- Make sure that your Mac is connected to the Internet. To check your Internet connection, try loading a page in Safari or another web browser.
- Check that the date and time is set correctly on your Mac.
- Make sure that you enter the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
If you see ‘This user is not registered with iMessage’
If you try to send a message and see an alert that the person isn’t registered with iMessage, the message is trying to send using SMS/MMS. Make sure Text Message Forwarding is set up and your iPhone is powered on.
If your contacts see your email instead of your phone number
If you can send messages but your contacts see your email address instead of your phone number, make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on all your devices. Learn how to add your phone number to Messages on your Mac.
Oct 20, 2015 Any text messages that arrives on your iPhone will automatically be forwarded to your Mac or iPad via the Messages app. At this point, it’s akin to using instant messaging, you simply type and talk as if you’re using the phone and messages will continue to be sent and received via text.
- If you still can't send or receive messages, contact Apple Support.
- Check the Apple System Status page for a temporary outage affecting iMessage or FaceTime.
- Use Messages with your Mac.
The Messages App on your Mac allows you to receive and send unlimited iMessages to anyone using an Apple device. Additionally, the Messages App on your Mac can also be setup to send and receive carrier supported SMS Text Messages to those who are not using Apple devices.
Send SMS Text Messages On Mac
Your Mac does not have a SIM card and it cannot be classified as a phone or mobile device by any stretch of imagination. However, the Mac can still be setup to send and receive SMS and MMS Messages by linking it to an iPhone with a Cellular Plan.
This is made possible by the operating system on your Mac (MacOS) which is capable of linking Mac to your iPhone, whenever a common Apple ID is used on both devices. Due to this linkage, the two devices know when they are on the same network together, making it possible to send and receive SMS Text Messages on a non-cellular device like Mac.
Although, your Mac appears to be sending and receiving SMS Text Messages, it is actually your iPhone which is sending and receiving SMS Text Messages using its Cellular Plan.
However, for all practical purposes, sending and receiving text messages on Mac will feel the same (if not better) as doing it on an iPhone.
Steps to Send and Receive SMS Text Messages On Mac
In order to setup your Mac to send and receive SMS and MMS messages, you will need an iPhone with a Cellular plan. Also, you need to make sure that you are signed into your iCloud Account, both on iPhone and Mac using the same Apple ID.
Best presentation software 2017 mac. 1. On your Mac, click on the Apple logo and then click on System Preferences option in the drop-down menu.
2. Next, click on the iCloud option in the System Preferences Window.
3. On the Next Screen, login to your iCloud Account by entering your Apple ID and Password (in case you are not already logged in).
4. You may see a popup on your iPhone informing you about your Apple ID and Phone number being used on a new Mac.
Delete Messages App On Mac
After making sure that you are logged into your iCloud Account on Mac, go to your iPhone and confirm that you are logged into your iCloud Account with the same Apple ID.
1. From the Home Screen of your iPhone, tap on Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on iCloud.
3. On the next screen, make sure that you are logged into iCloud with the same Apple ID as used on your Mac.
After confirming that you are signed into iCloud on both devices using the same Apple ID, follow the steps below to set up text message forwarding on your iPhone:
1. Open the Messages App on your Mac by clicking on the Messages icon in the Taskbar.
Leave the Messages App open on your Mac (required to receive a security code) and get back to your iPhone to complete the following steps.
2. Open the Settings app on your iPhone
3. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Messages.
4. On the Messages screen, tap on Text Message Forwarding (See image below)
5. On the next screen, you will see a list of Apple devices linked to your Apple ID under “Allow these devices to send and Receive Text Messages from this iPhone”. Turn on the option to Send and Receive Text Messages for your Mac (See image below).
6. Next, you will see a popup on your iPhone, prompting you to enter a verification code as shown on your Mac, in order to allow iPhone text messages to be sent and received on your Mac.
7. Enter the Verification Code (As it appears on your Mac – See image below) and tap on Allow. (See image above)
Now, whenever anyone sends a text message to you (your iPhone), you will be able to access the Message on your Mac and also reply to the text Message from your Mac.