Dec 21, 2017 How to disable the junk mail filter in macOS High Sierra. Step one: First off, launch Mail app on your Mac and then make sure you select the Mail menu. Step two: Next up, click on Preferences from the list of options and then hit Junk Mail. Step three: Now just simply check the box for Enable junk mail filtering to disable the feature. How to Disable Email Attachment Previews in Mac OS X Mavericks Jim Tanous Read more February 21, 2014 A reader recently asked us about disabling the Mail attachment preview feature in OS X. Mac users know that Apple’s Mail app has long provided users with live in-line previews of attachments in email messages, such as images and PDFs.
Several Mac users have reported that the Mail app window just pops up randomly and for no reason. Are you also having this problem on your Mac? This short article explains how you can stop the Mail app from keep launching itself automatically while using the computer. This is an annoying problem because it will interrupt what you are doing.
Please try each step until your issue is fixed:
1-Are your having this problem when you first open your computer. Depending on your settings, some apps, like the Mail app, may open automatically when you log in. If you want to stop this, the first thing you should check is your settings to see if if Mail is set to launch at login. Here is how you can check this:
- On your Mac, open System Preferences (from the Apple menu at the top-left of the screen), or use Terminal.
- Click Users & Groups
- Click the Login Items tab
- Here you will see the apps that will open automatically at login. If Mail is there, you can stop it from opening automatically, select and and click the minus icon to remove it.
2-Another change you you want to make is to disable the “Close windows when quitting an application” option. You can do that by going to System Preferences and click the General pane and the check the “Close windows when quitting an application” box.
3-Some Mac computers support a feature called “Power Nap”. If you enable this, you Mac will check for new mail messages (among other things) while it is asleep. You may want to disable this. Again not all Mac models support this feature. The following models support this:
- MacBook (Early 2015 and later)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010 and later)
- MacBook Pro (all models with Retina display)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 and later)
- iMac (Late 2012 and later)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Disable Mail App Mac Os High Sierra
To turn this off, go to System Preferences. And click Energy Saver. And then uncheck the “Enable Power Nap” box.
4-It has been reported that email settings in Google Calendar may cause this. Are you using a Gmail account? If so, you may want to try this. (see also: Gmail not working?)
- Visit the Google Calendar site (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/)
- Login if not already
- Click the Settings Menu icon (upper right hand corner of your screen – gear icon) and from the pull down menu, click Settings
- Select your Calendar
- Scroll and find the General Notifications section
- And change all this notification settings from Email to None. (There are five options)
Further your may also want to disable event settings notifications. Here is how:
- Click the General tab (left area)
- Click Event Settings
- Click Notifications
- And select “Off”
See also: Calendar Invitation: Your Response To The Invitation Cannot Be Sent
5-Some users reports indicate that Mail will launch in split view. If you are having this problem, here is what you can do:
- Open the Mail app
- Click Mail and Preferences (from the menu bar)
- Click the General tab
- And then deselect the “Prefer opening messages in split view when in full screen” box
- And close the window
6–Restart your Mac in Safe Mode. Here is how:
IObit MacBooster 8Price: $29.95, $49.95, & $79.95Ratings: 4.5Compatibility: macOS 10.9 & later versionsFree Version: AvailableIObit MacBooster 8 is another popular free Mac cleaner software. CCleanerPrice: $19.95Ratings: 4.7Compatibility: macOS 10.8 & later versions and Windows 7, 8, and 10Free Version: AvailableIt is one of the most preferred free Mac cleaners by people who search, “which is the best free software to clean my Mac memory?” It is quite easy to use and offers a quick disk cleanup to make your Mac run smooth. Along with removing junk files and providing extra disk space, the utility also helps you to enhance the overall performance of your Mac. CleanMyMac XPrice: $34.95Ratings: 4.9Compatibility: macOS 10.10 & later versionsFree Version: Trial VersionCleanMyMac X is a simple yet one of the best app to clean Mac. It works on quite a simplistic approach.
- Turn off your Mac
- Turn on your Mac while pressing and holding the Shift key
- Release the Shift key when you see the login screen.
- Now your Mac is in Safe Mode. Does your problem still occur?
- If now, restart your Mac normally, without pressing the Shift key
7-Force quit the Mail app. Here is how:
- Option, Command, and Esc
- Select the Mail app
- Click Quit
- Now restart your Mac
Mac Disable App On Startup
If none of the tips help you, you may contact Apple. You can also give Apple feedback about this problem.
Disable Mail App Mac Os 8
See also: How To Open Winmail.dat Attachments