Sep 30, 2019 If you share files over a network or run background processes you don’t want to be interrupted, you have to change these settings, so your Mac stays awake. Or, you can install Amphetamine. This free app lives in the menu bar and allows you to override your Mac’s energy settings in just two clicks. Enter your computer administrator's username and password. Change Allow apps downloaded from: to App Store and identified developers. Note: For Mac High Sierra (10.13.x), you will need to click on Allow too. Click the lock icon again to prevent any further changes. Installing the Zoom application. Visit our Download Center. Mac App Store is the simplest way to find and download apps for your Mac. To download apps from the Mac App Store, you need a Mac with OS X 10.6.6 or later.
May 08, 2020 10 Mac apps you need to download right now! I'm on Twitter pretty much all day, every day. My app of choice is Tweetbot from Tapbots. The reason I use. Google Chrome. While I use Safari as my default browser on my Mac, it's always.
Learn how the Mac App Store beautifully showcases your apps and makes them even easier to find, and how Developer ID and notarization make it safer for users to install apps that you distribute yourself.
Mac App Store
The Mac App Store makes it simple for customers to discover, purchase, and download your apps, and easily keep them updated. The Mac App Store on macOS Mojave and later offers editorial content that inspires and informs. Organized around the specific things customers love to do on Mac, along with insightful stories, curated collections, and videos, the Mac App Store beautifully showcases your apps and makes them even easier to find.
Outside the Mac App Store
While the Mac App Store is the safest place for users to get software for their Mac, you may choose to distribute your Mac apps in other ways. Gatekeeper on macOS helps protect users from downloading and installing malicious software by checking for a Developer ID certificate. Make sure to test your apps with the macOS 10.15 SDK and sign your apps, plug-ins, or installer packages to let Gatekeeper know they’re safe to install.
You can also give users even more confidence in your apps by submitting them to Apple to be notarized.
The Mac logo is designed to easily identify software products and hardware peripherals developed to run on macOS and take advantage of its advanced features.
|Mac App Store||Outside Mac App Store|
|App Distribution||Hosted by Apple||Managed by developer |
(with Developer ID)
|Software Updates||Hosted by Apple||Managed by developer|
|Worldwide Payment Processing||Managed by Apple||Managed by developer|
|Volume Purchasing and Education Pricing||Managed by Apple||Managed by developer|
|Advanced App Capabilities (iCloud Storage and Push Notifications)||Available||Available|
|App Store Services (In-App Purchase and Game Center)||Available||Not Available|
Reinstall from macOS Recovery
macOS Recovery makes it easy to reinstall the Mac operating system, even if you need to erase your startup disk first. All you need is a connection to the Internet. If a wireless network is available, you can choose it from the Wi-Fi menu , which is also available in macOS Recovery.
1. Start up from macOS Recovery
To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following sets of keys on your keyboard. Release the keys when you see an Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.
Reinstall the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac (recommended).
Upgrade to the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Reinstall the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.
You might be prompted to enter a password, such as a firmware password or the password of a user who is an administrator of this Mac. Enter the requested password to continue.
When you see the utilities window, you have started up from macOS Recovery.
2. Decide whether to erase (format) your disk
You probably don't need to erase, unless you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, or you have an issue that requires you to erase. If you need to erase before installing macOS, select Disk Utility from the Utilities window, then click Continue. Learn more about when and how to erase.
3. Install macOS
When you're ready to reinstall macOS, choose Reinstall macOS from the Utilities window. Then click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You will be asked to choose a disk on which to install.
- If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
- If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
- If the installer is for a different version of macOS than you expected, learn about macOS Recovery exceptions.
- If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.
Apps You Need On Your Mac Download
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Mac software 11.10 for macbook pro. During installation, your Mac might restart and show a progress bar several times, and the screen might be empty for minutes at a time.
If your Mac restarts to a setup assistant, but you're selling, trading in, or giving away your Mac, press Command-Q to quit the assistant without completing setup. Then click Shut Down. When the new owner starts up the Mac, they can use their own information to complete setup.
macOS Recovery exceptions
The version of macOS offered by macOS Recovery might vary in some cases:
- If macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later has never been installed on this Mac, Option-Command-R installs the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. And Shift-Option-Command-R isn't available.
- If you erased your entire disk instead of just the startup volume on that disk, macOS Recovery might offer only the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. You can upgrade to a later version afterward.
- If your Mac has the Apple T2 Security Chip and you never installed a macOS update, Option-Command-R installs the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.
- If you just had your Mac logic board replaced during a repair, macOS Recovery might offer only the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
If you can't get macOS Recovery to offer the installer you want, you might be able to use one of the other ways to install macOS.
Best Free Mac Apps
Other ways to install macOS
Apps You Need On Your Macbook Pro
- You can also install macOS from the App Store or Software Update preferences. If you can't install macOS Catalina, you might be able to install an earlier macOS, such as macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite.
- Or create a bootable installer disk, then use that disk to install macOS on your Mac or another Mac.